Thursday 24 July 2014

A Little Bit About My Week.........

I've had a manic past few days trying to get a lot done doing my new room out. I have also been trying to film some of my days as I'd like to post a vlog by the end of August looking back at my summer. I would post the videos sooner but I am still trying to find the best video editing software available! If you know of any great ones leave a comment below! Would be much appreciated.

Recently, I have been trying to knit my own pillow case! It's coming along good and has a consistent cream and candy floss pink striped theme throughout. I learnt to knit when I was around 6 years old. My grandmother taught me and ever since I would always try and start knitting some garments but unfortunately she passed away when I was 8 years old and never had the chance to show me how to bind off a knitted item. Ever since a young age I have been so passionate about design, arts and crafts and all the other bits and bobs. Here's a sneak peak at the basic knit pillow case when I started it....


I have been thinking a lot lately about what to do with my future and what to do as a career. I have always said my dream job would be something involving design and I am seriously contemplating going for it as I am that passionate about the interest. 

On one of my shopping trips to pick out some stuff for my new room I decided that I really needed a pair of 'blue ethnic print trousers' from New Look which I LOVE. I rung around a few local stores to see if they had them in stock before I travelled there to find out they didn't! One store didn't take the product number, said they had them in stock and agreed when I said they had vertical Aztec patterns (I had a feeling they would be the wrong ones!) In a complete rush home, I stopped at the store, queued 10-15 minutes as they were put behind the till to find out they were a paisley/floral print... No where near the ones I had described. I was so annoyed. It turned out they didn't have them in stock frustratingly! The member of staff that answered the phone should have checked the product number.

Rant over.
I had a lovely, chilled sunbathing day today and caught such a good tan considering I haven't long arrived home from Greece. 

I'm going to leave the blog post here for now as it's getting late and I'm up early for work! 
Goodnight,
GCS 

No comments:

Post a Comment